Re: [Gimp-user] Problem saving in PNG format

On 12/09/14 09:40, John Williams wrote:

  I have been using GIMP to save image files in the .png format for many
years.  I recently upgraded to GIMP 2.8 and I cannot seem to save/export
the image files.  This is not about what kind of command I am using or
whether or not the user interface is good or bad.  When I activate the
export command I successfully complete the process without any error
message.
  I am using the .png image files as wallpapers for the fvwm window manager
and I get no error messages or any indication that something is wrong, I
just get no wallpaper image.  (Please refrain from commenting about the
dinosaur-ness of my window manager;))
  I have searched the FAQ and gimp user archives but cannot seem to find
any mention of this problem.
  I have also made sure that I have merged and/or flattened the images and
have also used the convert tool to use the sRGB color profile.  I also have
the file-png plugin loaded in my plug-in directory.  None of these options
have made a difference.
  Does anyone know anything about this kind of problem?  Does anyone know
where I might find information about how to fix this kind of problem?
Thanks very much for your assistance.

Is there any message in gimp's error window?

I presume you get the "Export Image as PNG" dialog, and when you click the
"Export" button, you see the progress bar at the bottom of the main export
window "fill up" before the dialog disappears?

Are you saving a new image or overwriting an existing one?

What kind of system are you running on?

Gary