Re: [Gimp-user] Photo restoration - crinkles, lines, etc.

Here is an old technique that should still work fine. I have used it
in the past with good results.

https://brainbyproduct.wordpress.com/2007/07/09/even-better-healing-without-the-magic-tool/

Or take a look at wavelet-decompose (video from our Pat David :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvA9KmLg7sY