Re: [Gimp-user] Grid Based Maps

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 2:28 AM, Atredie <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
I am looking - so far unsuccessfully - for a program that will let me make
make and use grid based maps, like in a PnP RPG or old fashioned doodling on
quad graph paper.  Being able to arrange geometric shapes (squares, rectangles)
and icons without overwriting the grid would be a plus.

I have tried gimp, but I can not even figure out how to shrink the paintbrish
blob to draw a simple, narrow, line.  I was able to put up a grid, however,

tiled http://www.mapeditor.org/ is a dedicated application for editing
suce tile grids (for use as levels in games and similar)

/Øyvind