[Gimp-user] add arbitrary properties to layers?

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible for me to add arbitrary key-value
properties to layers, either in a built-in way, or using a plugin. My use
case is that I'm exporting scenes I put together in GIMP to OpenRaster
format which I read and display into my game engine. The layer order and
position metadata is a great starting point, but it would be even more
useful if I could give other properties to my layers that the game would
know how to interpret.

I saw a thread about rdf metadata (
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list/2013-December/msg00225.html)
but I don't think it's on a per-layer basis, and I'd prefer something more
simple than rdf.

.Carlo
http://sluicergames.com/