Re: [Gimp-user] Unable To Download GIMP

Seriously? The OP is using a Mac and you are directing him to a Windows
download? :)

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Owen <rcook pcug org au> wrote:

GIMP sounds like just the program I am looking for since my Power PC
graphics software will not run on my new Mac Mini which is running OS
X 10.9.2.

However, I have not been able to download the software. Each time I
try, the file in the downloads folder has an X on it. As a side note,
I am encountering the same problem with Scribus.

I even tried changing system preferences to accept downloads from any
source, but the result was the same.

Is there some kind of secret method for downloading your software?
There must be a way to do it because I would guess it has been
downloaded successfully in the past. Would you please help me download
this software?

One other point, it took me two days to find out how to get a message
to someone who might be able to help. I couldn't find a 'contact us'
or support option on the web site. I still do not know if this message
will actually get to anyone who can help.

Where did you try downloading it from? It should have been;

http://download.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.8/windows/gimp-2.8.10-setup.exe

--
Owen