[Gimp-user] Windows 'Date modified' on files saved by GIMP is wrong

Could it be as simple as the time on the Windows server \\FILESERVER
where you saved your file is off?
Try saving a text file to t:\Ginny\Temporary and see if you see the
same
results.

-- Mark

You're right, I saw the same results with the text file (I don't think the
server is running Windows, but I'll look into it).  So Notepad and GIMP must use
the server's time, and the Office programs and Paint must use the time on my
computer?  Strange, but good to know, and thanks for solving this mystery for
me.

--
Lyrl (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)