Re: [Gimp-user] Units Preference

* Creighton Bell <creighton sonic net> [04-28-14 14:53]:

On Apr 26, 2014, at 11:27 PM, Owen <rcook pcug org au> wrote:

I use inches, and when I open an image, and I resize it, the dialog
is in mm. Is there a setting to make inches my default unit?

Try Edit->Preferences->Default Image

I Have changed the preferences to inches. But any jpeg I edit, the
dialog box for Scale image always defaults to Pixels, print size is in
mm, and canvas size is Pixels.

Even if I change these settings for one image, when I open another
image, I have to change my settings all over again.

It seems like GIMP should as least keep my settings for the current
session, and it would be nice if it could remember them until I change
them.

GIMP does, it appears you have a system or install problem or are not
using packaging from a recognized gimp repository.  Some facts might help
as you have *only* offered a problem.