[Gimp-user] Enhancing text

This is a general thing about doing text and perhaps doing it better.
I'm not really after glamorous or super way out stuff. Just simple but
good looking text that is both readable and easy on the eye. So, after
using PS CS4 for 3 years and recently losing my hard drive, I had to
and I'm glad by the way I did, down load Gimp. But here is the thing,
not matter what I try I simply cannot achieve something that looks
nice. The first attachment is my 4th attempt with gimp. The ones after
that are some I did in PS so you can see what I mean.

The procedure I normally did after writing the text was to go to
Layer/Style and then you would have several options, like drop shadow,
etc etc. I did find drop shadow with the Gimp but it didn't seem to
work.

Try LayerFX.py from
http://gimpscripts.com/2011/10/gimp-layer-effects/#wpfb-file-35 Download the one
in the mirror. After opening the zip, place the file in your plugins folder:
user/.gimp-2.8/plugins. Have a good day

--
Conbagui (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)