[Gimp-user] Once opened in Gimp_Ubuntu never to open again

Wish there was an edit function here.
Should have typed "linear or Gamma, 16, 32, or 64 bits".
Sorry.

So, I uninstalled gimp 2.9 and reinstalled it.  That seems to have
solved the problem.
Do not understand what caused the problem, but really am not that
interested to know why.
I will say this:  Having a version of Gimp (albeit a somewhat slow
version) that can deal with higher bit images is a pleasure.  It's not
that I am so mindful (mentally or visually) of the visual benefits,
but I shoot in RAW, use any of the several RAW converters to convert
to TIF (or, in the case of my film images, scan them to 16-bit tifs).

Being able to open them in Gimp without converting to 8-bits just
feels so much better.

One issue that stumps me:  re precision, should I use linear or gammp,
15, 32, or 64 bits?  Curious as to what you recommend.

Otherwise, enjoying my 2.9 experience.

Thanks for any tips.

Caruso

--