Re: [Gimp-user] CRASHING!!

On 04/17/2014 02:34 AM, Partha Bagchi wrote:
If your computer is upgradeable, I would recommend getting at least 4GB RAM.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 8:17 PM, MrsWilson <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

This means that you don't have enough RAM to run Gimp. It's not able
allocated enough memory to run Gimp

ok so how do i fix this. im running 2gbs of ram.

If virtual memory is enabled (and it should be, by default) you don't get this because you are short of RAM (especially on startup, my Gimp 32bit Windows is around 48MB when started, and my 64-bit Linux is ar 68MB). This could be a different problem (address space exhaustion?).

To MrsWilson; are there other programs running when you run Gimp (Internet navigator, word processing, etc...)?

With all due respect to Partha's builds, maybe the standard builds should be tried here?