Re: [Gimp-user] GimpLensfun database

On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 22:17 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
I have a Nikon D800 with a 24-70 mm lens and a 70-200 lens.  These are
standard lenses for the camera.   The filter GimpLensfun shows the
camera (as well as the D800e) but doesn't have entries for either of my
lenses.  I've been trying to use the filter leaving the lens choice
blank.  Does that make any sense?  Something happens, but I' m not sure
the correction is accurate.

I usually shoot NEF and use darktable to process my images, and that has
the same problem.  It show the same choices of lenses but neither of the
standard lenses.   Presumably the problem is with the Lensfun database.
I know that I can in principle produce correction tables myself, but it
seems like a lot of work, and I haven't been able to figure out how to
do it.

Let me add that I checked /usr/share/lensfun and while it doesn't have
an entry for the 24-70 mm lens, it does have one for the 70-200 lens.
So why doesn't GimpLensfun show that lens as a choice for the d800?
Where is it getting its information about lenses if not from
that file?

--
Leonard Evens len math northwestern edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University