Re: [Gimp-user] bit of a n00b question but...

On 09/02/13 00:10, JjStAr wrote:
I'm stuck. Python plugins are not installing. They don't show up. Script-Fu
works fine though. Can anyone help me?

I don't know squat about Python, unfortunately.
However, I just tried starting the python console on my system (freebsd)
and it didn't show up.
As I was starting it from an icon on the desktop,
I know from past experience that errors often get swallowed
when an app is started in this manner.
So I started it from a shell window and saw the related errors.

so...

Try starting the gimp from a shell window instead of the normal app launch
method.  Are there any errors?

Gary