Re: [Gimp-user] Restricting tool movement along a single axis

On 10/31/2013 03:20 AM, Dominik Tabisz wrote:

In digital graphic we use guides, mesh, paths or selection/quick mask.
Each of these tools behave like our virtual template but for different
tasks. They mostly affect tools.
Why dont make one tool that will affect not tools, but pointer? Why
don't add easily adjustable input for this new tool - like paths? We
could use predefined "pointer restricting paths" or easily prepare new
one by preparing such path in Gimp, Inkscape or any other path
creating software.
Like "View/Snap to active path"?

(which suffers two probems as far as I know: 1) you cannot set the capture radius like you can for guides and canvas edges, and 2) it doesn't work in the path editor... where it would be most useful.