Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp 2.8 Brushes Not Working

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 7:44 AM, VGus wrote:
So I've finally upgraded to GIMP 2.8, finding that .abr was native. I've
downloaded thousands of brushes, only a hundred work, MAYBE. I'm confused
because even the brushes that are not in .abr form do not work. Also, sometimes
if I try to fix the brushes by uninstalling and reinstalling there will be
random ones that work and then old ones disappear?

ABR isn't native. It's Photoshop's file format, and not all revisions
of that file format are supported.

Also, I don't understand this part: "even the brushes that are not in
.abr form do not work". That makes no sense :) If you download some
arbitrary file, why would it work? If those were GIMP's GBR brushes,
that would be an entirely different thing, of course, but you didn't
provide a clue :)

So, I'm afraid, you will need to elaborate a bit on the files you are
talking about.

Alexandre