[Gimp-user] styles

The gimp developers are not in general photoshop users, and it's not
the
goal of gimp to be a photoshop clone.

So the question is really, what does these style things let you
accomplish and how do you use them? Are they for the text editor?

Liam

They have brought most other actions from photoshop to gimp and this is an
important aspect of the general overall program. They are important to me as I
use them all the time in my digital scrapbooking.
Styles are preset effects that change your text or images in just a single
click.
Like changing a shape of a leaf into an embossed dot pattern. I could go in an
create each style independently but styles are a one click shopping for ease of
use.
Is there a way to create a layer effect and saving it so that it can be used all
the time?
Pam

--
pamcreates (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)