Re: [Gimp-user] A basic question of GIMP

Hi, everyone!

I get a few questions here, I am new to GIMP

1) how to select a part of photo to edit it?

2) how to place something like a fuzzy glass to cover a face?

3) how to remove the unwanted parts of  a photo?
( example, there is a person in a room, how to remove all the
background(furnitures), but only keep the person in the photo)

4) where is the liquify filters, I can not find it in the filters list.

Thanks in advance.

writer