Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp crashed

On Thu, 16 May 2013 03:09:35 -0400
Pat Brown <pat mysterywriter gmail com> wrote:

My Gimp crashed and won't restart. I rebooted the laptop, uninstalled
and reinstalled the program and uninstalled it, rebooted and did a
command line installation. I also ran all my updates.

I'm running Linux Mint 14 and Gimp 2.8

When you started it from the command line, did any messages appear?
What were they?

When you uninstalled it, did you do a "Complete removal" or only a
reinstallation.

Suggestion.

1. Do a complete uninstallation
2. do an "updatedb"
3. Search for gimp
4. You will probably need to remove ~/.gimp-2.8
5. There maybe some residual gimp files which could be deleted safely.

then

6. Install gimp anew.

--
Owen