[Gimp-user] Need help with translucent image

I've tried your suggestion with a multitude of threshold settings but
unfortunately it isn't working as desired.  A setting over 19 will select the
entire image, but even when using a low setting and getting rid of the darker
area it reappears when I use bucket fill.  I have a friend (she uses Photoshop,
but it's worth a try) helping me with it and if she figures out why it keeps
reappearing I'll post back.

--
PieceKeepr (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)