Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 18:05:33 -0400
From: etters h gmail com
To: rcook pcug org au
CC: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] gradient tool

Thanks, yes, I've found that one, and it works to fill an entire selection.  But I like
the 3-d effects of, for example, the Tube Red.   The sharp crisp color and the sense
of depth,  but not the red.   I guess there's no way to turn it green and blue w/o
loosing the sense of depth that it gives.
I can go to color balance, or to various ways to color it after I've used it, but all those
ways cancel out the depth effect.  So I guess I'd have to be able to choose the colors
before using the gradient.

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Owen <rcook pcug org au> wrote:

> Rectangular Selection  >  Blend tool  >   Gradient  >
> then pick oh, maybe Burning Transparency for example,
> or Tube Red  --   Is there any way to choose the colors for
> those gradients?  To make them FG & BG Colors for
> example?

In the Blend Tool options, you can set the gradient to FG to BG

--
Owen

--
Helen Etters