Re: [Gimp-user] toolbox brush

On 03/20/2013 05:53 AM, midniteblue wrote:
hello..
i have problem in toolbox,i cant show the scale,the opacity for brushes

the toolbox should be like toobox 1 ,but my toolbox as appear in toolbox 2
picture,
please help me how to make toolbox for brush appear like default one,cause i
ever reinstall gimp and the result still the same,cant fix the problem
thanks in advance

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/24/original/toolbox1.png
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/25/original/toolbox2.jpg

The "Toolbox" is really only the upper part (tool palette and color/brush/pattern indicator). What you have in Toolbox1 is a "Dock" with the Toolbox and the "Tool options" dialog (that shows Paintbrush options because the active tool is the Paintbrush). What you have in Toolbox2 is a "dock" with the Toolbox and the Layers/Paths/Channels dialog.

You can get the Tool options dialog to display using "Windows/Dockable dialogs/Tool options". Once it is open, you can drag it (by the tab inside, not by the window title bar) to the dock where you have the Toolbox (the tabs of the other dialogs, or the double horizontal lines), to add it to the dock. See here:

http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-docks.html

Ps: when you have such problems, reinstalling Gimp is usually not the solution. See here: http://gimpforums.com/thread-un-installing-and-re-installing-gimp-to-fix-gimp-problems