[Gimp-user] Recolour image according to palette

I have an image which I want to display using only a limited set of specific
colours which I have defined in a colour palette. I am aware of the colour map
plugin, but from what I can gather from the documentation it simply uses each
pixels luminosity as an index. I want to to map each pixel to the colour in my
palette that most closely represents the original colour. How do I do this?

--
Surma (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)