Re: [Gimp-user] Problems with Gimp 2.8.x

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM, HankOS wrote:
The problem:

Hi, i'm using Windows XP and i'm having some serious problems i somehow had in
Linux but never at this extent, so far i tried with builds 2.8.2 and 2.8.4 , the
Canvas doesn't seem to redraw properly when panned or zoomed, any of the drawing
tools have a delay between the tracing and the mouse/stylus movement,  the color
picker from the Color Dockable Dialog is unable to get any color from the screen
but black and in general the program feels slow, sometimes irresponsible despite
not taking more memory than PS do, these but the color picker were problems i
had in Linux too but in Windows these seem to have reached their worst

This is why we made a call for Windows developers a while ago. We
can't fix bugs for a system we do not use.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org