Re: [Gimp-user] Where does GTK Print dialog get its defaults from?

On 03/12/2013 04:46 PM, Rich wrote:

It's a big productivity issue when I regularly print documents and
high res photos and need to change ~10 or so options each time.
Invariably I forget to change one of them and have to print
something twice.

Once upon a time I had similar problems with printing images created
on an MS WinXP box.  I gave up early on, and started saving images
in TIFF format, opening them in Irfanview, and printing them from
there.  (On MS platforms, the GIMP without Irfanview is half an
installation, IMO.)

I wonder if your distro's default image viewer might enable you to
reduce printing hassles to a manageable minimum?  Worth a try if you
have not already checked.

:o)

Steve