Re: [Gimp-user] Enhancement request: Transparency as a "paintable" color

So, to give an analogy, if you are working on a surface with no alpha channel, you can simply swap to the
background color to "erase" something you've drawn (which is also precisely what the Eraser tool does if
there's no alpha channel!), right?

Okay, I think I understand.  You know how the Eraser option uses an Alt key modifier for "Anti-erase"?  Maybe
add something similar to the Pencil/Paintbrush tools - Alt key activates an "anti paint" mode.  The
difference between this and switching to the Eraser tool outright is that the Eraser tool might have separate
tool options (dynamics, etc.).

I can support that having a keyboard modifier to do something on an arbitrary basis is indeed slightly faster
than going to the toolbox and switching tools.  Heck, it's still faster than swapping a Wacom pen around for
the other end.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com