Re: [Gimp-user] Enhancement request: Transparency as a "paintable" color - Update

Just to be clear - the reason I am proposing the enhancement request is a new way of using a feature which has already
been coded (ie giving the paintbrush eraser functionality).  The purpose is primarily to have a better workflow, but
also to have more meaningful treatment of "background color" for pictures which have multiple layers (and an
alpha channel).

I have reposted the sample picture here:
http://brendanlearnstosee.wordpress.com/2013/07/26/ecorche-dorsal/

The xcf has been renamed with a .jpg extension otherwise it wouldn't upload.

By way of example in relation to the paint-with-background-color trick:

"*also a friend of mine commented that using white to erase was a good trick, but in Wesnoth it's actually really
bad considering all portraits are on a transparent layer..."

(From Wesnoth art forums: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38935
There are other examples floating around the web.)

Wesnoth portrait art would be an example where this enhancement could be used.