Re: [Gimp-user] EXIF support in latest Gimp

Hello Owen, and thank you for your answer.

$ exiftool _DSF2455.JPG |grep color
Color Space                     : Uncalibrated

$ exiftool DSCF2456.JPG |grep sRGB
Color Space                     : sRGB
Interoperability Index          : R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)

So my guess  is that your image does not contain that profile?

It doesn't. It is my understanding that most camera manufacturers
don't
include a profile. They merely tag the colorspace, which makes sense
if
it the profile is readily available.

OK,

Have a look at;

http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-pimping.html#gimp-prefs-color-management

Do you have color management activated in the preferences? Do you have
a monitor profile?

$ exiftool _DSF2455.JPG |grep Intero
Interoperability Index          : R03 - DCF option file (Adobe RGB)
Interoperability Version        : 0100

There should be many .icc files in /use/share/color/icc

I occasionally get an image sent to me with an embedded profile, gimp
asks me if sRGB will do to replace it.

Anyway, that's about the end of my knowledge.

--
Owen