Re: [Gimp-user] [Gimp user] How to remove the filename suggesting behavior of Saving dialog in Gimp 2.4.7

i've encountered similar problem in GIMP 2.6 while saving however i
cannot replicate it.
In my case it was probably something depending on GTK/Xorg.
If You're able to replicate this behavior try to
1) open terminal
2) run GIMP in this terminal
3) Replicate this behaviour
4) Look at the error messages in the terminal.
This error messages might give some information what exactly is failing