Re: [Gimp-user] resynthesizer download and installation

From what I know, GIMP 2.8.x isn't compatible with any version of Resynthesizer other than v1.0.
Resynthesizer v1.0 was entirely rewritten to support GIMP 2.8 and most likely included bug fixes/new
features. Since you say you installed the "fix" from 2009, you have most likely downgraded the Heal Selection
tool.

What you want to do is remove the current Resynthesizer plugin you have and install this one:
http://registry.gimp.org/node/25219

It's not entirely necessary for you to upgrade if it works fine but I'd recommended it to keep issues from
arising in the future.

Sent from my iPod