Re: [Gimp-user] Text to path not working, text cut off

On 01/30/2013 08:44 PM, AllForGimpbut wrote:
nothing I try
"text to path"
Ouch.  That one looks like a genuine bug, all right.

It looks like your best options might include:

* Export your image, finished except for the circular text, as a PNG
file.  Import this file into Inkscape and do the text there.

* Create your text circle in Inkscape, export it as a PNG file and
import that to the GIMP.

* Hybrid:  Export your unfinished image as PNG.  Import this file
into Inkscape, resume work there and finish the text circle.  Export
just the text circle as a PNG, and add it as a layer to the GIMP
image in progress.

[...]

Thanks for your help Steve. Did my curved text in Inkscape. Imported the png to
GIMP made the non text parts transparent and got what I needed

Yay!  I love it when a plan comes together.

In a perfect world, there would be a full time developer on the GIMP
and the Inkscape projects whose whole job would be to enhance the
inter-operation of these tools...  Maybe if I accidentally get rich
I will fund that.

:o)

Steve