Re: [Gimp-user] Doing a select without the mouse?

On 01/23/13 20:18, Steve Kinney wrote:
On 01/23/2013 07:36 PM, Gary Aitken wrote:

Hitting <enter> in the image window has no effect whatsoever when the rectangle
tool is active.  At least in my 2.8.2 version.

Ditto here.  I tried it and was surprised that I could not figure
out a way to make the rectangular select tool options draw a
rectangular selection - it moves and resizes them all day long but
only if one already exists on the canvas - as far as I can tell.

For me this is not a problem but it is kind of puzzling.

I now see how to use it, although it is awkward.  But at least I can get the
exact location and size I want:

  1.  Click in the image and drag out any rectangular selection
  2.  Change focus back to the tool options and set the origin and size
  3.  Change focus back to the image and hit <enter>

Gary