[Gimp-user] Enhancing text

This is a general thing about doing text and perhaps doing it better. I'm not
really after glamorous or super way out stuff. Just simple but good looking text
that is both readable and easy on the eye. So, after using PS CS4 for 3 years
and recently losing my hard drive, I had to and I'm glad by the way I did, down
load Gimp. But here is the thing, not matter what I try I simply cannot achieve
something that looks nice. The first attachment is my 4th attempt with gimp. The
ones after that are some I did in PS so you can see what I mean.

The procedure I normally did after writing the text was to go to Layer/Style and
then you would have several options, like drop shadow, etc etc. I did find drop
shadow with the Gimp but it didn't seem to work.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/16/original/Maria-2.jpg

--
RogueRanger (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)