Re: [Gimp-user] Grid lines are 10x10, not default set in preferences [Solved]

On 01/22/13 21:27, Owen wrote:

My
  Preferences / Default Grid
says the grid spacing is 48 pixels for both width and height.

Yet when I choose
  View / Show Grid
I get lines spaced on 10 x 10 intervals.

What am I missing?

That seems strange, the standard installation sets the default grid to
10x10 pixels.

You could look at your .gimp-2.8/gimprc and /etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc file
to see if anything has been set, but my guess is something is broke?

Have you tried setting a new default grid?

Just discovered I had set the grid size using the option under the image menu.
Since this was a .xcf file, apparently that setting was saved as the default
for the image, over-riding the gimp default.  I didn't realize setting the
grid size on the image menu was something that was preserved across saves.

Thanks for the reply,

Gary