Re: [Gimp-user] SureThing and Memorex exPressit files

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Edward Wood wrote:
I would like to see a plug-in that will allow Gimp to read SureThing CD
Creator and/or Memorex exPressit Label Design Studio files into Gimp so that
they could be saved as standard jpeg files.

The file extension for both SureThing and exPressit is .std or .stt. While
they will import jpeg files, you do not have the option to save the files as
.jpg files. If I have created a file in either SureThing or exPressit, and
want to import that file into another CD Creation, or share that file with
someone else, they are out of luck, since only SureThing or exPressit can
read the proprietary .std or .stt files.

Edward,

I'm curious: why do you think that GIMP is the right tool for that? As
soon as you rasterize data, you lose the ability to edit e.g. text
labels. Glabels sounds like a much better candidate for what you are
trying to achieve.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org