[Gimp-user] Cannot Add New Text (confirm text editing)

Hey, thanks for the reply.

i think it has something to do w/ the layer underneath being so big that
everywhere that i am clicking, GIMP thinks i want to change the current settings
in the text or something.

because if i click off of the canvas, then it lets me add new text.
apparently, it has something to do w/ the layer size. it seems like all of the
layers are 780x1280...

here is the link to the file i am editing...

http://www.screenlicious.com/2012/12/14/infinity/

http://adf.ly/2793262/infinitypsd

i think i am going to just recreate everything in Inkscape, that program makes a
lot more sense in my mind than GIMP.

It appears to work as advertised to me, so I'm not sure what the issue
is.
Here's the behavior I see:

I created a text layer and then rotated the layer 90 degrees using
Layer/Transform

When I select the text layer, and select the text tool, and then click
on the
text layer in the image, the dialog you refer to pops up.

If I select "Create New Layer", the original text layer is left
unchanged,
and a new layer containing the same text as the original layer is
added,
and I can edit it as a normal text layer because it is new and has
only plain
text and has not been modified in a manner which renders the text
itself
"uneditable".  For example, I can change the wording of the text
itself.

If I select "Edit", the original text layer is reverted to its last
state
where it was plain text (in this case, back to horizontal text instead
of
the rotated text), and I can edit that as a normal text layer.  As in
the
other option, I can change the wording of the text itself.  The
difference
between the two buttons is that one leaves the original text as is and
creates an additional text layer, and the other uses the original
layer.

Is this not the behavior you are seeing?
What is the behavior you are expecting?
GIMP is currently not able to modify the text itself (i.e. change the
text
itself) once it has been modified in a manner such as rotation.

Gary

--
latinojuan (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)