[Gimp-user] MS Visual C++ Runtime Library error

I'm replaced my previous Gimp (I don't know version, but not very old, portable). And new version did not start - "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error. this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way..." I found (in gimp-user-list archive) sugestion to switch display to 32bit mode. That was the solution, at least for my Vista HE 32.

Now I installed the same portable Gimp on remote (win7, Ult, 64) and got the same problem. Unfortunatelly, remote desktop does not allow to change display settings.

Is there another solution to pass this problem by?

TIA
--
Adam Tkocz

--