Re: [Gimp-user] Image discoloration

On Tue, 2013-02-26 at 04:42 +0100, Llewellan wrote:
I have just installed Gimp 2.8 and really, really like it except upon opening an
image to work on, Gimp really discolors it. This so spoils the original.

Which platform? Linux Ubuntu? Which version?

One possible reason is to do with colour management - you might need to
use Edit/Preferences to disable colour management. This can be needed in
particular if (1) there's a bug :-_ or (2) you have an incorrect colour
profile for your monitor (not uncommon on Microsoft Windows I hear), or
(3) the input file has an embedded colour profile that's incorrect.

Liam