Re: [Gimp-user] Adding Plugin frustration

On 02/24/2013 03:43 PM, Carusoswi wrote:
I want to add the Resynth plugin package to my Ubuntu 12.10 Gimp 2.8.
I've located and downloaded the plugin, extracted it, found two plugin folder
paths that show in the Gimp Preferences Folders box, placed copies of the plugin
files in each of those folders, but Resynth still does not show up in my Gimp
2.8.
What am I doing wrong?

Caruso

As far as I know under Linux plugins are best installed using the "gimptool-2.0" utility.

Otherwise start Gimp in a terminal and see of you get any suspicious errors...