[Gimp-user] What is wrong with this picture?

...or what is wrong with my GIMP?  This behavior persists in every 2.6 and 2.8 build I've tried, in fact I'm pretty sure I first discovered it somewhere in 2.4 .

It's GTK bug #644032 - certain adjustments made to the Hue-Saturation tool (with overlap) may have problems handling the red/magenta wraparound properly.  Which was supposed to be fixed eons ago (and with exception of this one specific usecase, it already WAS - see GTK #527085).

It originally happened while trying to adjust the color balance on a scanned image containing ambiguously red/magenta hues (yes I know we have an actual tool for Color Balance, but I've never been able to quite wrap my head around what adjustments yield which results).  I have attached a sample file demonstrating expected vs. actual results with this usecase.  As you can see my GIMP is clearly screwing the pooch on these adjustments ... but I have no idea HOW, because even when I browse the online git repo the relevant source code looks like it should work perfectly (I've even mentally stepped through it and verified correct results, unlike my actual GIMP).

Try performing the same adjustments on your GIMP (note which build and version) - do you get the same results I do?  I'm not going crazy, it's just my GIMP.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com