Re: [Gimp-user] CR2 files

On 13-02-12 02:36 PM, Denise Hamilton wrote:
I photographed the aurora while living in Alaska in RAW format which
produces a CR2 extension. Why will GIMP not open these photos?

You need either the dcraw or ufraw plug-in for GIMP. I prefer the dcraw plug-in. The ufraw plug-in has too many options about what should be done to the image when it is loaded. I don't know what I might want/need to do to the image until after I load it and look at it.