[Gimp-user] Gimp on Windows 8

I know this list is mostly for Linux users, but I just purchased a Surface Pro with Windows 8. It comes with a pen that does pressure sensitivity and originally I figured that would work on GIMP the same way as a Wacom tablet. It didn't, and after doing some digging, it appears that Microsoft added a pen and touch API that does not work the same way as the Wacom tablet does.

I found this page, which looks like a starting point for how Windows 8 does stylus input:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh700425.aspx

Is it reasonable to think GIMP will eventually support this so that my Surface can do pressure input in GIMP? Any thoughts from developers on if this is easy or difficult?

Mostly my purpose for this email is to make sure the development team is aware of it. I can use other software, but I do like GIMP.