Re: [Gimp-user] Suggestions for the GIMP

> Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 02:16:34 +0100
> From: forums gimpusers com
> To: gimp-user-list gnome org
> CC: team gimpusers com
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Suggestions for the GIMP
>
> - Secondly (and more importantly) it would seem that The GIMP is now enforcing
> that I use Ctrl + E to save my images, else it tries to get me to use XCF
> format. The problem with XCF format (for me at least) is that not everyone I
> work with uses The GIMP, hence I never use the XCF format. My instant reaction
> with any program while working is to frequently use Ctrl + S to save my current
> file to it's current location without further intervention. So essentially this
> functionality is .. well, not consistent with any other piece of software I've
> seen in the last 25 years.

The save/export distinction is actually a completely valid design paradigm, the main issue is GIMP switching from one to the other rather than having been built that way from day one.  It's a long subject that has been discussed hundreds of times since the release of GIMP 2.8.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com