Re: [Gimp-user] Unskewing images of flat rectangular objects in Gimp

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Elmer Wix
<elmer cabekaziruronometu wix gmail com> wrote:
I often use my digital camera to take pictures of flat, rectangular
objects, like framed paintings on a wall, book or album covers, or
pages of documents.  Of course, I can't take these pictures straight
on and perfectly level, but that's OK.  I know what the dimensions of
the objects are, so I can just correct the perspective in software.

Does Gimp have any function like this?  I found the perspective tool,
but that requires me to manually shift the perspective and eyeball
when I think a rectangular image is produced.  That's not nearly as
convenient.

The perspective tool has an inverse mode, if you align the grid lines
from the wireframe preview with the lines desired to become
horizontal/vertical and then do the transform you should end up with a
rectified version of the quadliteral.

/pippin
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/