[Gimp-user] Libre Graphics Meeting 2014 - April 2-5 in Leipzig - Call for Presentations, Registration

Hi all,

Libre Graphics Meeting is a meeting place for artists, developers,
users, contributors, planners, fans, designers, ... using, utilizing,
creating, planning, developing, contributing to Free, Libre and Open
Source Software related to graphics in any imaginable way.

In 2014, Libre Graphics Meeting will happen at Leipzig University from
April 2 to April 5. Registration has opened, please visit
http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2014/register/ and let the organizers
know if you are coming to this event.

The conference program depends on input by the attendees - if you want
to give a talk there, to offer a workshop, to show off your works, ...
check out the Call for Presentations:

http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2014/call-for-participation-2/

and submit your proposal:

http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2014/submit/

Besides the talks, the software projects use this occasion as an annual
meeting opportunity for the (usually) globally distributed contributor
teams. This turns out to be very productive every time.

To cover expenses, keep the conference free for all, and be able to
invite the speakers, the LGM organizers have started a Pledgie
fundraiser. Their goal is an ambitious 12k USD mark:

https://pledgie.com/campaigns/22927

GIMP will be contributing to that in two ways: we reimburse people we've
invited ourselves from our own funds, donated by a huge crowd of helpers
(many, many thanks for this), and we're also going to contribute to the
global LGM funds to help them help other projects.

--
Regards,
Michael