Re: [Gimp-user] OS X, GIMP 2.8.8-2.8.10: brush outline not displayed

Maurizio Loreti wrote:
Hello, list - I have a severe problem that shows itself under OS X (10.9
"Mavericks") both with GIMP 2.8.8 and with 2.8.10; 2.8.6 behaves correctly.
  The problem happens both on my iMac and on my MacBook Pro.

I have installed on my computers the distribution "GIMP on OS X" by Simone
Karin Lehmann; I have alerted about my problem the maintainer of the
distribution, because it is probably due to a wrong interaction of GIMP
with OS X graphics; but S.K.L. didn't answer to my two requests for help,
the first one for 2.8.8 and the second one, now, for 2.8.10.

Here is what happens: using the pencil tool (or the brush tool), with 2.8.6
I was used to see the outline of the brush shown on the GIMP canvas; that
was extremely useful since I was able to check the current size of the
brush on my screen, also while increasing/decreasing that size.  Now, I
cannot see the brush outline anymore.  And this happens with the
clone/healing tools too; I cannot see where the clone source will be set
(with cmd-click), nor where exactly the cloned zone will land on my image
(with left-click).

Check the setting:
  Edit > Preferences > Image Windows > Show brush outline

Maybe it's somehow been unselected, or perhaps the default has changed.

Mark.