[Gimp-user] How to transform a rectangle part to triangle?

Hi,

I need to transform a rectangle part of my picture to a triangle, linearly,
only with horizontal distortion, keeping vertical positions in place. (a
rectangle to a triangle standing on its side, by moving the top corners to one
point)
I tried the Cage Transform: the top of the picture seems good, but it also
distorts the bottom line in this case. Other tools seem not suitable at all.
How can I do it?

Thanx in advance
György Kövesdi