Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp 2.8 Control Panels

* Mike Armistead <mike mikearmistead com> [08-22-13 11:24]:
I have downloaded several iterations of Gimp 2.8, now up to 2.8.6, and
all I get is a blank screen with the menu bar at the top (and the Gimp
logo in the background).  I don't see any of the toolbars or control
panels that all tutorials show as being part of Gimp 2.8.  The only
toolbar I can pull up is the tall narrow one under tools that just has
the basic functions of older versions of Gimp.  Am I doing something
wrong or is there some kind of block on my computer?  I'm using Windows
7 64-bit OS.  I also have Adaptable Gimp 2.6.10 on my computer - could
that be interfering with anything?

Anything is possible, expecially in windows environment.  What exactly is
"Adaptable Gimp" as that name is foriegn, gimp is gimp.

First thing I would try is *completely* removing "Adaptable Gimp",
including its personal configuration files.  Remove *all* of gimp also.

Then reinstall gimp and see what you get.

gud luk,