Re: [Gimp-user] layer groups unresponsive

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 3:59 AM, akovia <akovia1 eml cc> wrote:
I've been having this problem since layer groups were introduced and
can't seem to track down when or why it happens. I'll go to collapse or
expand a layer group and nothing happens.

Not sure what you mean. What is supposed to happen in your opinion?
Collapsing/expanding layer groups is just about not showing the
sublayers in the list, but it is not supposed to change the image. Or
maybe do you mean hiding/showing (clicking the eye) when you say
collapsing/expanding?

When it happens, it affects
all open tabs and not just the image I'm working on.

I am really not sure what you mean here either. I tried to play with
several images, each with layer groups, but nothing weird happen. Do
you mean like if you collapse a group in an image, layer groups in
other opened image collapse too?

Everything else seems to work fine, but if I do something like
duplicate a layer group, it will create the new group collapsed and
then I can't access it which can be a problem. Restarting gimp always
fixes the problem. Before I tried sending a bug report, I wondered if
this happens to anyone else, or if I'm missing something.

Well when duplicating a layer group, the new group indeed starts
collapsed. But I had no problem to expand it though. I could not
reproduce this bug. Which version of GIMP did you try this with? I
personally tried with the dev version, but there may be a problem with
a released version. Did you try with GIMP 2.8.6?

Jehan

--
akovia
akovia1 eml cc