Re: [Gimp-user] looking for gimp equivellent

* elizabeth whitlock <liz4200 sbcglobal net> [08-16-13 15:44]:
Hi Im looking for the gimp equivellent to photoshops View>extras. If
there is one.  I need to open a jpg file with guides in it, but they do
not show up when I open the file.

don't know photoshop, but if you really mean guides or perhaps grid, you
can display either via the menu "view" above the image to show grid and/or
guides.  You can configure them in the preferences menu to always be on.

I personally keep guides on all the time and only enable grid display when
I find it useful rather than a distraction.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member