[Gimp-user] batch mode in gimp?

Hello,

I am trying to use gimp in batch mode. Unfortunately, I can't find any
examples of how to do _real_ batch processing. All the examples on the
net show how to integrate into the gui.

I see that I can use the -b flag to invoke script-fu functions. But AFAICS,
the script with the function definitions needs to reside somewhere in
~/gimp-x.y/scripts or something.

In addition, I can't find a way to pass command line arguments to the called
functions.

Is there any way to define/execute functions? For example, I'd like to call
simple-unsharp-mask from http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Basic_Batch/ like this:

 $ call-gimp-function script.scm simple-unsharp-mask file.png 5.0 0.5 0

Is there any way to achieve this? Any hints?

--
Josef Wolf
jw raven inka de