Re: [Gimp-user] Selecting single row or column

On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 19:46 +0200, baca wrote:
I've been using Gimp since 2.6 and had previously used PS CS2
That version had the option to select a single orw or column (from the 'Select'
menu).
I rarely had the need for this, but I'm now working on a project that could use
that feature, and Gimp  doesn't seem to have it . . . :>(
Checked out the gimp  plugin site and Googlesearched it, but to no avail.
Can anybody point me to a solution? - I tried selecting it with the available
selection tools, but I'm not having any success with a large image.
If it matters, I'm running 2.8.4 on a Win7-64bit installation.
Thanks in advance, baca

You can easily make yourself a script that does a rectangle select
on the "extents" of a guide, so the workflow would be: place guide,
run script, remove guide.

--mitch